“First Time I learned How to Read”  

Posted by Lintang Syuhada in


I remember when I was little kid. I think it was in kindergarten, I was learning how to read. My teacher was Mrs. Umi. She was a very good teacher who has taught me how to read. And also the first teacher in my life was my father; he always gave me books and some newspapers to read. Everyday he got a new book and gave it to me, and in the evening we were reading together. One by one word I got from him and he explained to me. It was really fun to read a lot of words that I didn’t know before.
I read an easy book, with a lot of pictures in it, and explained with easy words. It really helped me so much. My dad bought some book with those pictures that represent animals and a lot of things around me. It was kind of like; chair, table, spoon, fork, plate, food, and other things that are easy and useful around me. I’m happy right now I can read perfectly.
The book that I learned before was an Indonesia book. It used Bahasa Indonesia for language. I learned one by one the letters of the alphabets and how to pronounce it.  I was increasing vocabulary every day, and if there was a word that I didn’t understand, I asked my father, and he answered, explained and gave me image of that word with something easy to find. That way was perfect to increase word and how to read it.
Not only my dad who has taught me, but also my teacher; Mrs. Umi. She taught me when I was in classroom of kindergarten. She gave me chance to read every day in the class. This way was also very useful for me to realize all words that my father has taught me at home. This is what I remembered about the first time I struggled how to read. Right now, I understood a lot of words and I read a lot of books without pictures perfectly.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment