I Will Go to Washington DC  

Posted by Lintang Syuhada in

First of all, Alhamdulillah. Be thankful for Allah who always guide me wherever I am. Thankful for Rasulallah SAW who teach me the true way to be a good person in Allah's way. Thankful for Abah who always support and being the real teacher in my life forever. Thankful (alm) Ibu, even though you already moved to another world, but I believe you're here staying in my heart forever. Thankful for my brother who always I love wherever you're.  Thankful for Randy Aryo Yudhistira as my best friend ever. Thankful for INDONESIA YES/AFS/JENESYS STUDENTS 2011/2012 who has been becoming part of my life and also my family. Thankful for my teachers who lead me to be better with better understanding. Thankful for Bob Roberts as my hostdad who supported me to be a strong man, and give me understanding that "Life is Fun". Thankful for Pat and Ray Graves who take care of me when Bob gone, and shared knowledge and experiences for me. Thankful for my host family who feeds me good and give a great time for me. Thankful for my Tracy Smith as my Local Coordinator of Exchange Program who always support me and give problem solving for me. Thankful for all my friends who always gonna be stay in my heart to be friendly. Thankful for Southland Senior High School as my new school that give me a lot of new experiences. Thankful for AFS and YES Program to give me a chance to be an Exchange Student and to be a participant in a Civic Education Workshop.

Actually I'm so proud have been selected as a finalist and participant in this big moment. As a young man, I have so much dreams to be real, and this chance is the way of the realization of one of my dream. I'm hoping this world is more about PEACEFUL. To be honest, nothing else that I can do, just one thing; "Be Thankful".

Alhamdulillah, I will go to WASHINGTON DC for an INTERNATIONAL MOMENT (CIVIC EDUCATION WORKSHOP) on February 26 - March 3 2012. I will represent about my essay; "The Relationship Between Socialization and Religious Freedom"

This is email that I just got from American Councils;

Dear YES student:

I am pleased to inform you that the volunteer evaluation committee in Washington , D.C. has selected you as a participant in this year’s Civic Education workshop.  Congratulations on your selection!  The workshop will take place in Washington , DC from February 26 to March 3, 2012.

An official letter from the Department of State will be sent to you shortly. Given the holidays, it may be a week or more before the letter arrives.

Again, congratulations and best wishes for the New Year!
 
Sincerely,
 
Gabriel
 
 
Gabriel Coleman
Operations Manager
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program
American Councils for International Education
1828 L St. NW, Suite 1200
Washington , DC 20036
(202) 833-7522

Thanks so much for all :D


Abah, My Brother, Lintang
YES/AFS INDONESIA





This entry was posted on Friday, December 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment